Monday 15 December 2014

NYC HALF MARATHON TRAINING WEEK 5 DAY 7 - LONG RUN 10KM

Was a fight in my mind today, do I go out in the morning or wait until I get back from being out to our work Christmas lunch. Woke up so tired and still with a headache in my eye (yes yes, I know but you get what I mean), but eventually got out of bed and decided on a 9:30 am exit. I knew it would be so much harder if I waited until the evening.
I'd missed my cool weather window so I knew it was going to be hot. Was hoping for some breeze.
Ran down towards Grange and then around the hotel and on to Seaview Rd for about 500m and then turned around.
Going on the out track, I could feel the sun (and yes no sunscreen-ugh). On the way back a great breeze which contributed wind burn to the sun burn- yay.
Wore the ever trusty purples and although my time was affected by the heat, I am happy with my first sub 1:30 10 km in a very long time.
Considering I had only done 2 km other running this week, I also can't expect my legs to give me much more, but it was successful. Must have a little more discipline to get up and out.
Next week, looking forward to another hot one with 34 on the cards for Sunday, so am going to make a plan to get out and get done early.... let's see how that pans out.

No comments:

Post a Comment