Sunday 31 May 2015

31/05/15 MAY WRAP UP

Well another month comes to an end. I swear, as each year passes the weeks and months just whizz by.  Today was spent with Mum in the morning on a bike tour of the lanes and hidden gems of Adelaide as part of history week. It was just great. Our city puts on some good stuff that is often free or minimal cost. I am a strong believer in supporting all of these events and activities if you know about them. My fun fact for today was learning about the different ways of laying bricks. The best thing we saw- the skinniest house in Adelaide just 2.4m wide. It has since been extended at the back but was originally a one room building and is the last remaining example of a slum in Adelaide (it is far from that now but that is the type of housing it was).

So May- the month of 2 PB's for me across 10km with my new style of training. Stairmaster, long long walks, Lofty and also Uphill treddy. Still running on the Galloway system, the best intervals being at Barossa with 2:00/50 and 2 of my km in the 6's it was the best result so far and proves you don't need to run in training to get results (you just need to do a lot of km uphill and keep going).

May saw my biggest weekly mileage since NYC Marathon training in 2013- not even for the Half Marathon in NYC did I do over 45 km. So to do 50 km was just epic. I worked hard, I was tired and the following week netted just over 30 km, but the 2 together still way over my desired average of 30km a week. Total mileage this month was 160.42. Big stuff here seeing I am just trying to stay fit enough to compete. My goal was 150km for May which I did achieve with the help of the stairmaster. Goal for June still 150 km.

I've lost a couple of kgs with my experiment, so am getting closer to that 69 kg first goal. It's hard work because the more training I do, the hungrier I get.

With June, there is a lot at stake. My team at work has the opportunity to go to the World Conference in Vegas in July. I have been 6 times, 5 times on the trot as an individual. This year, I won't be going as an individual but if we can pull it off, I will go as part of my team, just for the weekend. We have 30 days and the task is huge. I am plan to use exercise as my sanity saver and to hopefully lose a couple more kgs so I can buy a new dress.

Stadium Stomp on the 14th is the only event I am in, but it has a medal. The next couple of weeks will be stairmaster. We have a long weekend coming up this weekend, so although I have lots of stuff on, there is plenty of time for training (and sanity saving) to get ready.

So here's to June where dreams are made.
#dasherlife
#stadiumstomp
#globalball
#lasvegas

No comments:

Post a Comment