Sunday 24 May 2015

24/05/15 Race Report Barossa 10 km

The day began with a bight red sunrise as Sami, Eveline and I made our way to the Barossa running festival.
Quite a cool morning, with temps around 7C, but perfect running weather.
I set off about 8:00 am.
Big Big PB here again with official time actually 1:12:14
That is nearly 2 mins off my greenbelt time from 3 weeks ago.
Used Galloway 2:00/50 and it was PERFECT.
Have basically not run (bar 1 x3km and 1 x 2 km uphill session on the treddy at 6.4/5.8 intervals). Training has been Mt Lofty sessions, Uphill treddy, Stairmaster and Long Distance walks.
Still trying to keep this hamstring issue at bay which popped up about 5 km today.
Sub 30 4 km, Sub 60 8 km (fastest EVER 8 km).
Great day, great race. To think one year ago, I struggled with the 5km after rupturing my plantar fascia.
#dasherlife
#garmin
#asics


No comments:

Post a Comment