Wednesday 27 May 2015

26/05 Mt Lofty 1.5 times- confused? Read on :)

So with Sam in a meeting today, I managed to find a work colleague doing Lofty. All planned, meet at start of path in car park near cafe 10:30.
Get a message "We are here". I replied, so am I, where are you? We are starting at the bottom aren't we?"
And no, Lauren and Melina were at the top, I was at the bottom. So I began my trudge up with no iPod. Met them half way, had a wee chat when the suggestion is made for me to come down with them and then back up. I had actually been thinking of that, so off we went. It was Melina's first time, Lauren has done it several times.
Was just great meeting up with them and doing the challenge with new people.
This was also now a different challenge for me as I had done 2 km up, 2 km down and I was now on my way back up. I had also thought I should walk back down to the car as well (down is always easier).
So I was heading for 11.76 km, rather than 7.76. 1.5 loftys.
It was great. On the way down from the top, I decided to try running down the not so steep bits and on the flat, which worked quite well. The knees held up (still strapped from Sunday's race) and I got down in 37 mins which has to be a record.
Sam and I are going to do a bit of running up hopefully next time.

#dasherlife
#Radelaide
#garmin
#asics

No comments:

Post a Comment