Wednesday 27 May 2015

27/05/15 Juicing

So since I got Netflix and watched "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead", I have been fascinated with the juicing thing. Not to replace food but as a way to get some foods that I don't necessarily like into my body. So I decided to try #joethejuicer 's idea of juicing veg.

The juice below is as follows (cups are about 400ml)
2 small apples
2 kiwi
2 handfuls of spinach
2 handfuls of kale
3 stems of celery (leaves left on)
small knob of ginger
1 carrot
So I juice the leaves and ginger first and then push the rest through with the harder veg.
It's just yum. I will get to a point of no apples, or half an apple at some point. It's not a replacement for veggies in your diet, but an addition to your intake.


This juice is a red juice
4 small beetroots (peeled)
1 handful of kale and a few of the beet leaves 
small knob of ginger
80 g of mixed berries (thawed if frozen)

So with this one, I juice the leaves and ginger and then follow with the beetroots. I whizz the berries in my nutri-bullet. Then I mix the 2 juices together. Beetroot has known properties for assisting with endurance (due to the high level of nitrates which help move oxygen around the blood). Once again, not to replace veggies, but to add to your intake. Be careful with having too much fruit in your smoothies. Vegetables are the way forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment