Wednesday 27 May 2015

27/05/15 Dry Needling

Since I trained for Paris, I have been a fan of dry needling. It's just fabulous and if you have tight spots, it will help when no amount of foam rolling can save you.
I have hideous glute tightness and since NYC half have had hamstring issues (stemming from the glutes).
So today, I decided to do something about it and get back on the dry needling horse.
I went to a different physio- where I was doing my machine based pilates.
I'm used to needles in, stimulated with current and left for a bit.
This physio is needles in, move around to get the muscle twitch and then out.
Well, safe to say, the second option has certainly got my muscles twitching.
Quite sore but that will pass.
Back next week for another go. I may finally get rid of this hamstring issue....
Honestly if you haven't tried dry needling for muscle tightness, you need to.
#dasherlife
#lifeofanoneliteathlete


No comments:

Post a Comment