Sunday 14 June 2015

14/06/15 STADIUM STOMP

A little quiet on the blogging front this week. I have felt under the weather and the winter having set in here has initiated some hibernation activity in me. However, today, I took on the challenge of 6000 steps of the Adelaide Oval. First week in a long time I won't be anywhere near 30 km and you know what, that is ok.
My friend Louise joined me for this event (we went to NYC in 2013). It was tough but it was fun. About half way through, the glutes were caning and coming downstairs was just jelly leg central/
Total course was about 4 km, took us about 1:15. For those who know me, stairs are not my forte, especially coming down, but I did really well, even on the steep upper levels. Not even a little wobble. So Lofty and Stairmaster, is good training. Not sure how you get down stairs training except by going down the stairs!

When I got home, I was totally spent. Walking around the supermarket was a zombie effort (when you need groceries you gotta go, especially when your later afternoon is being taken up with Entourage movie in Gold Class!!).
Had a short nap and as I write this I am not sure I can make it to the end of Masterchef. Laundry is done, dishwasher has been put on and bins put out.

#dasherlife
#asics
#garmin
#stadiumstomp
#adelaide


Tesltra Plaza, Adelaide Oval

Me outside Adelaide Oval

Ready to Stomp- Finally got a bib number I am happy with.


Louise and I found this sign just towards the end of the course... And yes we are.


Louise and I- just started. We had also just seen my tweet of my bib on the big screen. Dasherlife got to be on the big screen at the Oval.


Yep- these steps hurt.



One of many UPS.

Don't look down.

Yep- they are steep.

Finish Line- ACDC was on as I came across

Great Venue

Finisher! With my bling.

Louise and I with our bling.

More bling pics


Couple of red lines where there shouldn't be, but hilarious map.

Hot Fireys Going to Stomp in full get up.








No comments:

Post a Comment