Tuesday 2 June 2015

02/06/15 WEIGH IN

Sans photo today- got on the scales, saw the number, got distracted, made my green juice and here we are.

71.4kg

So that is a loss of 700 grams since 20 May. It also finally marks the 5kg loss target!
It's taken 8 weeks, since April 8th, of watching foods, tracking foods (and locating foods to give the best nutritional value for their calorific weight), and absolutely slogging it out exercise wise. 
On the note of how much exercise, I am sure there is a fair bit of muscle being built there as well. Please also take into consideration that I spent 18 weeks training for a half marathon which was in March and my goal was to stay #racefit. Being semi-injured, the way to do that has been walking long distances and using the treddy uphill etc.

Sometimes I exercise just to get more food, and you really have to be prepared to build that in to your day in some form and plan ahead. It's the same with food, look ahead at your week and identify days that are going to be a challenge in some way, either you can't exercise due to work/commitments or you are going to be going out for a meal. It's a good way also to be able to plan out your meals for the week as well, which in essence can reduce your shopping bill.
It's not easy and something my friend Sam always says is "You gotta live". So you can't beat yourself up about it.

It's been a very interesting experiment so far that I am going to continue. The goal is under 70kgs, which has been somewhere I have been trying to get for a long while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment