Sunday 4 January 2015

NYC HALF MARATHON TRAINING WEEK 8 DAY 7 -LONG RUN 14 KMS

After cutting last weeks run short due to getting up late after social shenanigans and getting caught in the heat, it was a 5:00 am scheduled wakeup, retimed to 5:15 when the alarm went off.
Out by 5:40 am and off I went.
To get the distance and be able to use the Grange Run, I went south for 1.8kms and then back to get the extra 3kms (250m is the run from house to Esplanade, so a bit of early morning maths required to work out how far past the Grange Jetty I needed to go). Nice and cool out with a slight headwind. First couple of kms really slow and then I sped up.
Used a 700/300 interval the entire way. Got faster and faster with last 7 kms having the runs in the early to mid 7min/kms which was great.
Last km was 600/200/400 for the sprint home as I overshot the mark in the early morning maths.
Wore the Purple Asics.

No comments:

Post a Comment