Tuesday 27 January 2015

NYC HALF MARATHON TRAINING WEEK 10 - DAY 6- 16.1KM

So, it was actually only 15 km today, but tested the limits today.
For the first time ever, I split the run into 2.
I went out far too late (9am) after just really wanting a sleep in. First mistake and should have gone out even an hour earlier. Lesson learnt. Went towards Glenelg and up to the Broadway kiosk with the plan to come back and run to the Henley hotel and back to get the distance. That was also my second mistake. Should have kept going past the kiosk to the surf club for the distance. Reason? As I got back towards home,  the heat was up (only 20 something but sun had some strength in it and I had no hat!!), so went home with the plan to finish when the sun got lower.
Interestingly, similar pace on the second run but got my legs were dead. It was then I vowed not to split up the runs, and to get up early.
I've done it before, I just need to do it again.
Done on 300/700 intervals both sessions
Purple shoes
Garmin data here:
http://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/675364038
http://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/675364048

No comments:

Post a Comment