Wednesday 12 November 2014

NYC HALF TRAINNG WEEK 1 DAY 3 - YOGA

And after 14 weeks of being away, I went back today to the yoga class at the gym. OMG, Arm strength is back to ZERO. I do like this class though and the teacher I feel is really good. Was sweating within about 10 minutes.
Earlier in the day, I had been to see Dr Peter Allcroft, a runner, ironman, and generally nice guy about my asthma. Took me 3 months to get in to see him. He said the Manitol challenge had been the definitive test and showed that I do get asthma. He said chances are, I won't get faster, that I am the way I am more than lily due to my VO2 MAX. Oh well.
Had also been to CORE physio and Pilates to get a program, may swell use my private health allocation.
Then finally, a torturous leg massage to start smoothing out the muscles.
Big day, and even though I thought about not going to yoga, I am glad I did.
I've set a training schedule I would like to see how well I can stick to it. After all, it's only a half, not a marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment