Sunday 19 April 2015

BAY TO CITY- INAUGURAL RACE 19/04/15

What a great day!
The inaugural Bay to City, the reverse of the legendary September race here in Adelaide.
Wasn't going to go for a time then decided, why the hell not. Perfect running weather again.
My goal for the City to Bay for the last couple of years has been to get under 1:30 for the 12 kms.
The closest I got was in 2013, race fit for NYC Marathon and got 1:31:33- so close but ran out of air at the top of Brighton Road.
My asthma has almost disappeared and so running faster is so much easier. I have also done all my training on Galloway method which seems to have helped my fitness and speed.

Mum and I went today. Mum was undertrained but still was determined to finish. We ran the first few hundred metres together to get out of the crowd and then off I went.

I had decided on a 2:15/0:45 intervals for this race, after doing 2:30/1:00 for NYC.
Finally- I smashed it.
Having had hamstring issues since NYC stemming from my glutes being so ridiculously tight, training has involved a lot of hope that I am not going to tear something.
So to come in a 1:28:18 I was stoked.
Ran my FIRST EVER Sub 60 8 km (59:22)
FASTEST EVER 10 km at 1:14:18 (which was my goal for the Greenbelt 10 km in 2 weeks).
26 second negative split on the back 6 km
Interval speeds were relatively even, with the fastest runs coming on the last km with run times of 5:39min/km.
Bumped into my friend Julia (Rubenesque Runner) and met her friend Bee as well on the course.


Garmin Data: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/750371585
Blue Asics

#dasherlife
#asics
#thorlo
#garmin


The Evidence- PB Central

Bee and I running up Anzac Highway

Julia, Bee and Me
Bling 

No comments:

Post a Comment