Wednesday 22 April 2015

BACON CABBAGE - Yummy Dish, 115 cals per serve

The credit for this recipe goes to High Protein Foods on #facebook.
I trim the bacon of it's fat, I also don't add any salt as the bacon has enough.
This is how I get it down to 115 cals (I calculated this using my #easydietdiary app, in the recipes section).
Raw weight 1 serve is 149g, cooked is 120g
Eat as is or put on rice or quinoa.

Ingredients:
250 g bacon, finely chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tspn minced garlic
500 cabbage, finely diced/sliced
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Directions:
1.Fry bacon until crisp and well browned.
2. Drain and set aside.
3. Add chopped onion to the bacon grease and stir until translucent.
4. Add cabbage, pepper flakes, salt and pepper, stirring until all cabbage is coated.
5. Add the crumbled bacon bits and cover.
6. Cook over low heat until cabbage is tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment