Tuesday 11 August 2015

MELBOURNE HALF MARATHON TRAINING: WEEK 7 DAY 1

So fast forward about 6 weeks and here we are.... 9 weeks until race day and hideously undertrained.
After nearly 4 weeks of travelling for work and pleasure I find myself in August. So Monday I took myself off to the gym (the weather is windy here in Adelaide and makes running on the beach just hideous) for some kms. I don't mind the treddy as I can control the incline and the speed which helps me with time goals.
So this week's session and my first session in weeks had me do 0.5km walk intervals on 9.0 incline at about 5.6 av speed and 1.0km run intervals varying from 6.8-7.7km/hr on 4 incline.
Felt good that I could still run and could get in 8 km on my first session.
Back again tomorrow for my last day of leave. I then have the challenge of only 3 days off for the rest of August.

No comments:

Post a Comment