Sunday 15 March 2015

NYC HALF MARATHON RACE WEEK (WEEK 18) -DAY 7 RACE DAY 15/03

Race day is always one of those days that can either be amazing or just crap.
For me it was nothing but amazing, again in my favourite city.
It was an early start as I was meeting KP and Melanie at Columbus Circle so we could walk to the corrals. 
6 Degrees is in the blurry photo from my phone. Time was about 5:45am.
We had been told security was tight and to allow time... we cruised right through.
#dasherlife
#garmin
#asics
#nyc
#halfmarathon
#racefit



The photographers were right there from the start so we got as many pics as we could.


We managed to meet up with John McCarthy who was going to be running from  the corral behind me. 


I ended up moving back to John's corral and starting with him so we could chat before the start.

Here is my bib#

  My race shirt- that has been used for 3 races here in the Big Apple.




My Galloway Plan was 2:30/1:00, decided at the start of the race.

 RACE PHOTOS
In the park- happy to be there. 

Coming thru Times Square- I came flying out of the park in 1:16 and raced past the 10 km mark in 1:17, about 8 mins faster than I expected.

 These photos were taken by my friend Troy Dorsey who I thought I heard call my name but then thought- who would be calling my name. It was at this point I had pulled a muscle in my front (I thought it was a stitch) and decided to change my Galloway structure. I took a while to devise my plan and got going on the new 1:00/30/1:00/1:00 Run/walk strategy.




Focusing on working out what the hell can I do about the pain in my front.


Catching up to John. Was so excited to see his yellow jacket. I knew I was flying.



Coming up the chute


 Just seen Maria and Co


The end is nigh. Time to launch the knife hands.


I've got nothing left and I am about to SMASH a PB by 4 minutes on a course that 5 weeks before, I was thinking I couldn't get under 3 hours.
2:43:13

John just behind me- we had the same time. I couldn't believe I had smashed this. #slayed it

I always forget to hold my arms up for the camera.


Pretty happy with myself.


Medal moments



With John, my Dasher mate.


The Bling

What an absolutely fabulous day. Running with my Dashers, being cheered by my Dashers, Hanging with my Dashers. A PB, amazing bling and a day never to be forgotten.
God Bless the Big Apple. It never ceases to amaze me. 









































No comments:

Post a Comment