Sunday 15 March 2015

NYC HALF MARATHON RACE WEEK (WEEK 18) -DAY 7 RACE DAY 15/03 MILE 10 CHEER SQUAD






Cheer squads are now a staple of #dasherlife. The NYC Half was no different. My gorgeous friend Rebecca bought a cow balloon and came up from Jersey. Zrinka came from Phildelphia and L Del came up from DC. It just goes to show, how far we will go as a group to see each other and make each other's day just that little bit easier.
I saw that damn balloon from about 350 yards away and had to do everything in my power to not cry (with excitement and relief as they were at the 16 km mark). I was on track for a PB, but still had to stop and say high. There is video footage somewhere of Rebecca screaming "knife hands" for the entire time I was at the cheer zone. I hadn't seen these guys since November. I just adore them. Lots of other pics of our #Dashers running thru the cheer zone.


Rebecca and her balloon



And with our sign!

Me meeting Zrinka


Finally getting to them.


L Del


Our Janet
 
Our medical miracle Scott



Jess

Wonder Woman Susie

Melanie

Melanie seeing Katie

 Melanie and Katie

Melanie and Katie


John- who I wasn't too far behind and eventually caught up to and crossed the line with.

No comments:

Post a Comment