Tuesday 7 July 2015

MELBOURNE HALF MARATHON TRAINING: WEEK 1 DAY 2

.....And it begins again. It has taken me a long time to get back from Stadium Stomp on 14 June. That really quite damaged me at a time where mentally I needed to stay out there and keep going. Had it not, I am sure I would have exercised through the June 30 roller coaster. I went out iceskating today with my friend Sami and her girls, so spent 45 mins hoping I didn't fall over and break anything but got quite good in the end. I had always planned to go the to gym and do a walk (actually to be honest I was going to walk to the iceskating but it all got too hard). When Sami dropped me at home, I am not sure what happened but got on the couch and slept hard for over 2 hours. Woke up feeling like a truck ran over me. The ice-cream must have had valium in it or something. Anyway, it took me the best part of over an hour and a half to wake up properly, and get myself dressed and get in the car.
Was nice to finally be doing something and getting back in that mindset.
13 weeks and 5 days until race day.

No comments:

Post a Comment