Sunday 19 October 2014

VISIT TO DUNGOG for the DUNGOG DASH AND DAWDLE- where we got our team name

So the first weekend in August was quite special. 7 of us made our way to country NSW for the Dungog Dash and Dawdle. Home of our team name. Home of our Team King and Queen.
What a fabulous place.
I got to spend one of the most wonderful weekends with some of the people who have truly enriched my life.
The course was tough and uphill and I ended up walking most if it with Maria who came back to find me.
We all got a medal.
It was a great morning.
Followed by the SackRace which I won.
We were treated to the most amazing hospitality from Jane and Stephen, with a celebratory dinner on Saturday night at the farm with Golden Syrup Dumplings cooked by Danny Norris (CEO of Dungog Sack Racing committee).

Photo #1 Main Creek: Me, Anthea, Jane and Maria
Photo #2 The Dashers
Photo #3 Me post run, middle of the main street of Dungog
Photo #4 Anthea and I with the winning sack
Photo #5 Outside Stephen's gallery, with our NY medals.
Photo #6 The sack racing track








No comments:

Post a Comment