Sunday 12 July 2015

MELBOURNE HALF MARATHON TRAINING: WEEK 1 DAY 7 - I CAN STILL RUN!

So for those following at home you will know that after the NYC Half, I struggled with hamstring issues that have only had me run on race day- which is twice since March. With dry needling, I have got rid of the hamstring issue and so today, I ran.
I am 0.9kg of my 1st goal weight of 69.9 kgs (under 70) and am off to Vegas for a conference soon.
Todays session, involved 4 x 1.3 km runs at relatively good speed from 7.5-9.0/km/hr on 3 incline.
I walked 500 uphill on 9 incline, ran, then did 700 m walk intervals on 9 incline, finishing with a 1 km walk on the 9.0 incline.
After pizza for lunch, I needed to expend some energy.
Really pleased with my first actual training "run". Excited I can actually still run. Was thinking I would have been totally crap but it was actually really good. Sore hip flexors late in the peace which were relieved while sticking my fingers in them while I ran (TMI???).
Feeling ok now, hoping restless legs don't keep me up.
Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment